Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Post #2 - Implicit Association Test and Hiring Practice

Ok, lets get something straight, while I am a gamer I'm not very coordinated. When I took the exam I was slightly leaning towards a white preference and I guess that's about right but I'm not very coordinated. I'm sure that there might be some programmed limits in the simulation that take that into account.

Now, the hiring practice was something I gave a lot of thought too. I had to chose the employees for the Hispanic based market my choices weren't based on a negative bias like the Asian was going to be good with numbers. My choice for president was a Hispanic Woman, while no surprise for a Hispanic market I chose a Hispanic but the fact that I chose a woman comes from experience. Based on my experiences at Hispanic news stations the women run a tight shift and I made my choice based on that. At the moment the only other choice I remember is that I had chosen the Asian man for VP of Operations. While I know this might be another stereotypical choice I made it on the fact that Asian cultures tend to instill strong work-ethic and a strong sense of honor which is something that I thought could be of great use in that position.

All this makes me think about how to tread the waters of negative and positive stereotypes of cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment